Meet Your Glendale Orthodontist
Dr. Andrew Sarpotdar (or “Dr. Sarpo” as he’s come to be called) began his journey toward orthodontics at a young age. Gifted with an aesthetic eye and an analytical mind, he has gravitated toward a career first in dentistry followed by an additional three-year residency and certification process to become one of an elite group of board-certified orthodontic specialists.
Dr. Sarpo has fulfilled a lifelong dream by operating Icon Orthodontics with his wife, business partner, and fellow orthodontist, Dr. Jenny Sun.
Dr. Jenny Sun’s passion for orthodontics stems from personal experience. Growing up, she was always embarrassed about her front teeth and never liked smiling for photos. Til this day, she still remembers the magical feeling when her braces came off. Her teeth never looked better and she could not stop smiling. Her orthodontist changed her life.
Dr. Sun hopes to be that positive influence in the lives of her patients because she truly recognizes the power of a beautiful smile. She practices orthodontics with this understanding in mind, and goes above and beyond to ensure total patient satisfaction.
Why an Orthodontist in Glendale?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctors continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As orthodontists, they have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Glendale Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Glendale orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Glendale orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Icon Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Glendale area.